Jeff is the founder of Optimization Group and the chief architect of the IdeaLoopz process. He has held research and senior marketing positions on both marketer and agency sides. Jeff’s career has been notable for his efforts in making marketing measurably effective. His work has been widely published, and a collaboration with Howard Moskowitz earned honors from the ESOMAR in 2001.
Jeff’s professional career has included time at General Mills, Campbell’s Soup and J. Walter Thompson. He has been an Adjunct Professor of Marketing at Wayne State University in Detroit.
Jeff’s Highlight: Jeff is most appreciative of the opportunity to work with the leaders of great companies both big and small. He gets excited watching our clients grow their business by implementing the insights that we help to uncover.
He received his M.B.A. in Marketing from the University of Michigan, Graduate School of Business.
Before Jeff became entranced with measuring marketing effectiveness he traveled the states as a professional musician. He will share road stories if prompted.
- The American Marketing Association Award for Advertising Effectiveness (“EFFIE”), 1993, 1994, 1995.
- Advertising Research Foundation’s David Ogilvy Award for Research Excellence, 1994.
- AME International Award for Advertising and Marketing Effectiveness, 1995.
- ESOMAR’s John and Mary Goodyear Award for Best Paper Likely to Make an Impact in Marketing, 2001.
- Lawrence Technological University/Grant Thornton Leaders & Innovators Award, 2008.
- Advertising Research Foundation’s David Ogilvy Award for Research Excellence – Grand Ogilvy Award, 2010
Industries of Experience
- Consumer Package Goods (FMCG)
- Technology – Hardware and software
- Financial services
- Quick service restaurants (QSR)
- Casual dining restaurants
- Automotive aftermarket
- Automotive service
- Bricks and mortar retail
- Office furniture
- Higher education
- Professional services
- Advertising & Public Relations
- Commercial real estate
- Energy and utilities
- Membership organizations
- Trade associations
- Online retailers