Improving customer satisfaction scores is all about getting the entire organization aligned around what the customer wants and how the customer views the product/service experience (both the product and the entire delivery cycle).
Full alignment requires:
- Understanding of what the customer wants/needs and values.
- Determination of the best way to deliver against those wants/needs and values.
- Ongoing metrics (both attitudinal, behavioral, and operations metrics) so that changes in the delivery process and in the customer experience can be detected and corrective action taken.
- Incentive system re-calibrated to make customer experience an importance component of everyone’s objectives
Consider these statistics:
- Only 4% of all customers with problems complain
- The average person with a problem eventually tells 9 other people
- Satisfied patients and customers tell 5 other people about their good treatment
- Cost of acquiring a new customer is usually 5-7 times greater than retaining current ones
- Cost of hiring and training a new employee is up to 10 times greater than retaining current ones
The specific design of a CSAT study is tailored to your business. There is no “cookie-cutter” approach. To learn more about how to get started, please request a proposal.